Sunday, July 6, 2014

Chapter 1




Sunday July 6, 2014


Image credited to Google
Everywhere children look they see someone using technology either by television, cell phones, computers or tablets. Some of the children are using the technology. So, I ask myself as a future 21 st century teacher, How can I bring technology to my students in my classroom?" I want every child to feel comfortable and knowledgeable in the every day world of this iGeneration. Therefore, I need to learn how to apply technology into my everyday lessons. The three concepts I pulled from Chapter 1 on "Becoming a 21 st century Teacher" are:

1.  Inside-the-classroom instructional tools. This concept is where the teachers can use several tools to teach the lesson of the day. Such as power point or an educational website that is focused on the lesson. 

2. Outside-the-classroom professional resources. This concept is geared towards the teachers and what they can learn by doing research. The teachers also can and build a digital library. 

3. Inside-and-Outside-the-classroom learning resources. This concept means parents can become evolved into their child's work. The teacher can set up a website for children to work on at home or even from the library. 

Chapter 1 also discuses 5 goals every teacher should have for there background knowledge. Technology-Based Library, Technology-Based Textbook, Technology-Based Learning environment, Technology-Based Teaching Tool and Technology-Based Office.

Children need to learn and to be comfortable with the all different types of technology and I will be there to help them. After reading Chapter 1, I feel I understand a little but better on how to bring technology to my future classroom. I also compare technology to science & medicine, it is always changing. Therefore, I have to be willing to keep learning and keep up to date. Technology is a way for teachers to bring the classroom alive with the visual aids.
Image credited to Goggle


Resources:
Textbook-Maloy, R. W., Verock-O, R. E., Edwards, S. A., & Woolf, B. P. (2010). Transforming learning with new technologies. Allyn & Bacon. 

1 comment:

  1. Good to see your post! :)

    The ever-changing climate of education is definitely true, but it often is very slow to come around to new technologies - sometimes due to cost and just as often due to a 'fear' of the potential fad. Fortunately, I believe we are now on a purposeful wave of change by incorporating the ubiquitous technology into our classrooms.

    Good job on incorporating relevant photos, too! For the future, though, you will want to use either public domain or Creative Commons licensed photos to avoid copyright violation...and to give proper credit to the photographer (Google didn't really take all of those photos!) with a link back to the original source. There's more on doing that in the blogger resources, but let me know if you have questions. There's much to learn, but you've made your first step!

    ReplyDelete